Wednesday, June 19, 2013

As Mentioned on the Show...Helpful Ways To GRow!


 
 
Here are the links & tools I promised:
From Joyce Meyer Ministries:
 ALSO TRY THIS OUT!!!
(SEE BELOW) 
WORSHIP & DEVOTIONAL TIME 4 BEGINNERS

 

As mentioned on the show, I was a preteen when I was introduced to two key tools that impacted helped me to grow in a tremendous way spiritually.  Shout out to Bannockburn Baptist Church…I was introduced to these at their vacation bible school!

 

1.      Follow the ACTS acronym for developing a prayer life:

 

·        A----Adore (praise) God: Take the opportunity to either write down or verbalize compliments & recognition of God.  Example: God you are some awesome and I pause today and reflect on how caring you are….you are the only true wise God. Acknowledging God is something he greatly enjoys!

 

·        C---Confess to God: When we offend someone it makes it difficult to truly communicate until we “clear the air”.  Confession allows us to keep a clean heart before God so that our relationship to Him can be closer than any other relationship we have in life.  Confession also gives us a chance to walk in unity or agreement with God & His thoughts.

 

·        T---Thank God: Ever give a gift to someone that was extremely grateful?  How did you feel?  Ever give a gift to someone who was not very grateful?  How did you feel?  Being thankful keeps us humble, in a position to receive more, & gives us opportunity to avoid negative thinking!

 

·        S---Supplication to God: This is just a long word for saying we make our requests to God. You do not have to walk through this life alone, because did not allow us to be orphans.  You have a creator that cares for you & your needs and desires to answer you. He enjoys listening to you and carrying your cares for you as well.

 

The second helpful tool I received was encouragement to maintain a prayer journal.  Basically on the left side you write down your prayer requests and then on the right side you write down God’s answers as He gives them.  It’s amazing to see in black and white how God is moving not just in the lives of others, but in your life specifically!  Here’s an example:

Prayer Request:
Prayer Answer
Date Answered
Please help me to find a job and some positive activities this summer…
I just got an interview today….
6/19/13
 
My interview was good, but they didn’t hire me
 
 
I got my first job!!!
7/2/13
My grandfather has cancer…please heal him
Grandfather just completed chemo…still believing for his healing….
 

 

Hope these tools are as helpful to you as they were to me….please feel free to post and let me know how it’s going or to share a testimony of answered prayers or to share your relationship to God is growing.

No comments:

Post a Comment